dsquared62
Default BFME 1 and Windows 7 64-bit / Dec 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM Old   #1

I installed BFME 1 on a new system with Windows 7 64-bit. BFME installed okay, but I was receiving some kind of debugging popup. I couldn't start it. I set the compatability of the game for Windows XP. When I start the game it does nothing other than the first game screen popping up. I have updated the game to 1.3. Anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a fix for the problem.

I am also using an LG widescreen monitor. BFME runs fine on my other computer running Windows 7 32-bit with a regular monitor (not widescreen).

Thanks,

David

Last edited by dsquared62: Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Forgotten information
Freek
Default Dec 26th, 2009, 04:31 AM Old   #2

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

You can try the Vista patch, here:
http://www.middleearthcenter.com/for...do=file&id=422

'Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.'
Forum Guide | Forum FAQ | Site Feedback
Please do not send me PM's with support/game-related questions.
m@tt
Default Dec 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM Old   #3

Odd. I have W7 64bit and BFME 1 and WB worked straight away. Don't think I even had to change compatibility settings.

dsquared62
Default BFME 1 and Windows 7 64-bit / Dec 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM Old   #4

Could the problem be with the Widescreen monitor? I am going to connect a regular monitor and see if the same problem occurs. I tried all other suggestions, but the title screen comes up and it stays there for a long time. I don't get the debug error, but it stays on the title screen.
Freek
Default Dec 28th, 2009, 02:49 AM Old   #5

Monitor doesnt matter, BfME will just run on a non-widescreen resolution which looks kinda weird, but wouldn't crash. I also havent ever had any problems running any of the BfME games on Vista or W7, but apparently a lot of people do. EA obviously doesn't have any interest researching the issue further...

'Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.'
dsquared62
Default Dec 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM Old   #6

I have other computers here and the game works fine on my other pc's. One pc has Windows 7 32-bit and it works fine, another with Vista and XP dual boot and it works fine on both. The only thing different on the pc I am having problems with has Windows 7 64-bit, but that shouldn't be a problem. Other games are working fine on that pc. It is frustrating.

I am having a problem with all the pc's getting a connection on BFME in LAN mode. None of the pc's see each other when I start BFME in LAN mode. Years ago on old pc's I had it worked like a charm. Not sure what is happening now.
dsquared62
Default Dec 30th, 2009, 09:37 PM Old   #7

Quote: Originally Posted by dsquared62 View Post
I have other computers here and the game works fine on my other pc's. One pc has Windows 7 32-bit and it works fine, another with Vista and XP dual boot and it works fine on both. The only thing different on the pc I am having problems with has Windows 7 64-bit, but that shouldn't be a problem. Other games are working fine on that pc. It is frustrating.

I am having a problem with all the pc's getting a connection on BFME in LAN mode. None of the pc's see each other when I start BFME in LAN mode. Years ago on old pc's I had it worked like a charm. Not sure what is happening now.
I found my copies of BFMEII and Rise of the Witch King. I installed and started them to see if I get the same reaction, and I do. The first screen appears, but that is where it stops. I don't know if it is my graphics card. I have updated all the drivers on the computer.
Freek
Default Dec 31st, 2009, 03:22 AM Old   #8

Could you post your system specs? Perhaps its an issue with an unsupported graphics card or something along those lines.

dsquared62
Default Jan 4th, 2010, 01:22 PM Old   #9

I was thinking about the graphics card also. It is a Dell 8000 that comes with an NVidia 240 GTS, I believe. I also believe it is only an OEM card. It runs nicely in a small space on the Dell. If you or anyone knows that this card could be the issue, I will look into changing out the cards. I am limited by space, more by height when I looked inside the case.
dsquared62
Default Bfme 1 & 2 / Jan 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM Old   #10

Both games are working now.

Thanks
Capook
Default Jan 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM Old   #11

How did you fix it?? I'm having exactly the same problem with windows 7 64bit.
Cyzicus
Default Same system same problem / Jan 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM Old   #12

Could you please post your fix?

Thanks,

Cyzicus
mitch95
Default Same thing / Jun 5th, 2010, 07:39 PM Old   #13

yea hey same thing happened and just wondering how did you fix it?
Nick Woodbury
Default Dec 6th, 2010, 07:13 PM Old   #14

Hello, I recently installed this game for my Windows 7 64 bit computer a couple of days ago. It installed just fine, so when I proceeded to start it up the main title screen with Mt. Doom as the backdrop would pop up as expected then that window closes afterwhich the error window appears, stating that I have an Exception Error. Now, I will have to re-install the game on my computer again so I can get all the info that was included in that window. But for now, any ideas?

*EDIT*
I have just re-installed the game and I got the exact same error.
It says that it is an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

"The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual adress for which it does not have the appropriate access."

I do have my firewall enabled since it gave me the option to do so after the game finished installing.

Here are my Computer Specs
Manufacture: MSI
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Hard Driver: 500 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Monitor: Asus 24" LCD HD Monitor
Sound Card: Headset (Playback) (2- Creative USB Headset)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Motherboard: MSI 770-G45 AM3

Help/input would be greatley appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Nick Woodbury: Dec 6th, 2010 at 08:26 PM.