Gage
Default Will there be a BFME 3? / Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:08 AM Old   #1

I am just curious as to your guys thoughts here on MEC.com? EA did rebuy the rights to LotR's this summer and EA has continued to tell us over at GR.org (though not surprising they haven't acted upon it as of yet) that they want to re-add support to the BFME series again once CnC 3 is all figured out.

Not to mention now, that the Hobbit will be coming, a BFME 3 would be an ideal game to release during all the hype for the Hobbit's release!

So what do you guys think?? Is this a possibility??

Gage

I'm the BFME 2 Game Administrator on Gamereplays.org.
1x Warrior champion for BFME 2/1x clan champions [DA] for BFME 2
"It is our choice that show who we truly are, far more then our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
Download the Battle Test Patch here!
zach
Default Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:18 AM Old   #2
Lords of War - Leader

Lore Master Lord of the Old Realm 

I would like a new one. Fix all the mistakes and create a amazing RTS game for BFME in the Hobbit rime era.

I would also for EA to make a fast paced "Return of the King" like game with som e killer Co-Op and traditional Online.
Mithrandir7
Default Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:21 AM Old   #3

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Mithrandir7 Send a message via MSN to Mithrandir7
Hey man

To be honest,I want to see, as you stated, continued support for the first two games before EA even thinks about starting up a sequel. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if they went into development again without thinking of fixing the other two games first.

I must admit, a BFME3 sounds tempting. With the announcement of The Hobbit some form of a LoTR game is on the horizon.

Love the BTP btw

Need help? Send me a PM or create a topic in our Site Discussion Forums
Introduce yourself here

Freek
Default Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM Old   #4

I think a BfME game on the short term is doubtful to say the least. Why? There's a few things we know pretty sure:

1) EA is already working on a new Lord of the Rings game for 2009
2) EALA is already working on a new C&C game, they have never worked on more then one product at once
3)EALA has not shown any support for the BfME series lately, regardless of the statements they've made. Usually EA only supports games they are still bringing out expansions, sequels or other related producs for.

I do think the Hobbit will spawn a few new games, but its still 3 years away! I have my doubts about EA picking up a brand name at that time - as it will have lost most of its pro's. There could be a strategy game for 'the Hobbit' at some point, but I can see it having another game - probably even another game engine. In 3 years SAGE should and will really be on the way out.

'Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.'
Forum Guide | Forum FAQ | Site Feedback
Please do not send me PM's with support/game-related questions.
Wuzaa-man
Default Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM Old   #5

Send a message via MSN to Wuzaa-man
I hope not.

Ryxin
Default Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM Old   #6

Maybe lol!^^

(ò.Ó)
(___)
--"-"--

(Watch out! Owlulf might be in a bad mood!)
Gage
Default Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:10 AM Old   #7

BTP for the win!!

Yes EA has shown a lot of interest in the BTP, though it's all talk but they like it a lot. But GR.org is trying something different to try and get EA to go from talking to doing.

Gage

"It is our choice that show who we truly are, far more then our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
Freek
Default Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM Old   #8

I don't get why EA has one community manager streched out over ALL its RTS games. Well I guess Gen/ZH aren't even being considered for support at all these days.

'Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.'
Puppeteer
Default Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:15 PM Old   #9

Send a message via MSN to Puppeteer
The only problem would be lack of imagination. If there was one, I would like there to be a campaign of the 4 ages, multiple factions AND NEW skins/models. not reused

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to be hated for what one is, than loved for what one is not. — André Gide
Freek
Default Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM Old   #10

I think a new game engine created specifically for a game is always better then re-using an old one. Sure SAGE is a great engine, but it has it limitations.

Gage
Default Jan 24th, 2008, 05:09 AM Old   #11

Personally I just don't think EA quite gets it in terms of allocation money to gain the most profit for online games. Sure making a quick game like RoTWK gives you a lot of money right away, but since you have made is in such a short amount of time, and don't intend to support it well, in the long run you lost a lot of potential money; do to unsatisfied customers.

Now is this to say that they are going to lose money be not making a quality game that is well supported for a few years, of course not; hence why they still do it. Yet the long run profit is greater if you do those things, then NOT doing those things. I mean Blizzard figured that much out and how do you think they are still an effect force in this market?

If EA ever figures out that "If we support a game actively for a few years after it's release, people will spread the good word about us and will continue to come back to us." They really will be unbeatable in terms of the market, for the moment at least.

Gage

Aberrance
Default Jan 24th, 2008, 05:18 AM Old   #12
Artist Formerly Known As Ana

Hi Gage =O.
Tornado`
Default Jan 24th, 2008, 05:19 AM Old   #13

Knight of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via MSN to Tornado`
There are going to be some bfme 2 events here and quite possibly some answers in a little bit, stay tuned.

Vintage Kami.
Freek
Default Jan 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM Old   #14

Oh, I think EA realises the potential for support. Just look at what they're doing for CnC3. And lets not forget the BfME support used to be pretty decent.

I think with the release of C&C3 though, their focus shifted a 100% to that game as they were planning to release new games, expansions and participate in the esports scene with that game.

If there is any indication for a BfME3, it will be when EA suddenly picks up support for the series again